OA - History
The Comanche Lodge we know today is the product of a merger between two lodges in 2004. The merger consisted of Comanche 254 and Ouxougia 264. The merger kept Comanche's name and number, but changed it's totem to the mountain lion. This totem only lasted a few years until it was made into the current totem, the Louisiana Black Bear.
Comanche Lodge was originally formed in 1944, serving northeast Louisiana, under the Ouachita Valley Council. It's totem was the stag.
Ouxouiga was formed in 1946, serving central Louisiana, under the Attakapas Council. It used a Native American mythical creature, the Thunderbird, as its totem.